Saturday, April 7, 2012

I’d Rather Play Alone


I’d Rather Play Alone



Would you rather I play alone?
When I try to talk to you,
You don't listen to a word that I say.
What's up with this game?
Is it me that's going insane?

Tears flow down my cheeks
There's a pain in the pit of my stomach
Realization sets within my mind
I need to put me first
Like you don't do all the time.

Working on my frame now,
So I can stay in my lane.
My eyes recall passion & lust,
In my body they are one in the same,
So my soul now feels no shame.

I evolve into a vision
An exotic, black Nefertiti
A wonder to behold; now you're sold!?
Oh, how the temperatures rise to boiling points.

As the totality of the package has come unfold,
Not listening to my girlfriends rules that were told.
I'm gonna stand on my own,
I'm gonna smile when I wave goodbye to you,
Now I'm my own hero, you're now the damn zero.

Got a new conviction it will be bold
Who want to war with me?
I'll leave you face down in the path of your enemies.

Written By:
Takana Kearse
{Blkluv4evr}
Original
4/07/2012
Copyrights Protected

1 comment:

  1. Hope that all that understand this poem know that we as women are strong beings and can move on from whats not productive in our lives to what is, ourselves.

    ReplyDelete